High-performance products, down to both construction and energy efficiency, define the entire Renewal by Andersen line. All windows and doors are rated, certified, and labeled by the National Fenestration Rating Council® (NFRC), a nonprofit organization that provides fair, accurate, and credible energy performance ratings.
Andersen’s Own Fibrex®
A material exclusive to Andersen windows and doors, Fibrex® combines the desired strength and stability of wood with the low-maintenance characteristics of vinyl.
Lifespan, functionality, and environmental efficiency move to the next level as a result.
- Low maintenance: Fixtures require no future scraping or painting and are warranted against flaking, rusting, blistering, peeling, cracking, pitting, or corroding.
- Narrower frames: Because of greater glass surface area, more natural sunlight enters and illuminates your home.
- 22 color combinations and stainable wood interiors: Including oak, maple, and engineered pine.
- More than 40-percent reclaimed wood fiber: Compared to other windows and doors, Renewal by Andersen’s products have far less of an impact on the environment.
- Withstands temperature changes: Unlike some materials, Fibrex® will not expand or contract.
High-Performance™ Low-E4® Glass
Andersen introduced the next generation of premium glass technology with our High-Performance™ Low-E4® option – now a standard feature of our windows and Frenchwood® patio doors. Compared to standard dual-pane options, High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass is 56-percent more energy-efficient in summer and 45-percent in winter. Over time, its characteristics have potential to reduce energy consumption up to 25 percent.
While High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass blocks 83 percent of all fabric-fading and damaging UV rays, its innovation goes beyond energy efficiency. For any such windows and doors, the glass makes cleaning easier, while reducing water spots in the process, and even lessens the amount of sound entering your Connecticut home.
Our new High-Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun™ glass even goes further. As Renewal by Andersen’s most energy-efficient choice, this glass blocks 95 percent of harmful UV rays and exceeds dual pane’s energy efficiency by 70 percent in summer and offers the highest rating in cool weather.