Because we keep up with the ever-changing pace of technology, Renewal by Andersen regularly introduces new products and features.
Innovative, Energy-Efficient Glass
High-Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun™ Glass – Offering the highest level of energy-efficiency, High-Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun™ glass functions in both cool and hot climates. While it provides the highest efficiency rating in cool weather, the glass offers superior performance in warmer conditions with solar heat gain, and blocks 95 percent of UV rays. In doing so, it guards against the sun’s heat while allowing nearly as much natural daylight through as clear glass while simultaneously reducing the need for artificial lighting.
High-Performance™ Low-E4® Sun Glass – Keeping homes cooler in warm weather, our High-Performance™ Low-E4® Sun Glass is highly-rated against solar heat gain. A tint coating further reduces the amount of bright sunlight coming into your home.
Glass Patterns – Give your home beauty and energy efficiency with our glass patterns, the latest of which is a reed design.
Offering the next generation of energy efficiency and less maintenance, Andersen’s High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass is a standard feature of all windows products and offers the following:
- Thermal Protection – Hermetically sealed for superior insulation from heat, cold, and sound, High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass features a low connectivity spacer that separates two panes. An argon gas blend fills the space between, reducing thermal transfer in the process. As a result, glass on Renewal by Andersen windows is 56-percent more energy efficient in summer and 45-percent in winter. During the year, it has potential to reduce energy bills up to 25 percent.
- Filters UV Rays – Working like sun block, High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass blocks harmful UV rays that have potential to fade fabrics and damage furniture. 11 microscopic coatings reduce UV transmissions from dual pane’s 63 percent to 17 percent without affecting the clarity of the light coming through.
- Titanium Dioxide Exterior Coating – Making glass cleaning easier, this feature is activated by the sunlight. In the process, it loosens any dirt, which is washed away by rain, and dries faster while leaving fewer water spots.
- Improved Sound Proofing
TruScene® High Transparency Insect Screens
Offering 50-percent more clarity than standard Renewal by Andersen insect screens, TruScene® High Transparency Insect Screens feature micro-fine stainless steel mesh. With one-third the diameter of our standard options, the stainless steel mesh brings in more fresh air and light while still effectively blocking out insects.
- Practically invisible while offering the strength of stainless steel
- Effectively protects against small insects
- Provides superior ventilation, allowing more light to pass through
Estate™ Collection Hardware Finishes
Expanding our custom options, eight new distinctive metal finishes are now available for hardware. Along with Renewal by Andersen’s standard white, stone, and canvas options, our Estate™ Collection Hardware Finishes include Polished Chrome, Brushed Chrome, Satin Nickel, Distressed Nickel, Distressed Bronze, Oil Rubbed Bronze, Antique Brass, and Bright Brass, available for all window styles.
Designed to last practically a lifetime*, Estate™ Hardware is forged from solid brass, rather than stamped. Brass, nickel, and chrome finishes come with special coatings sealing the desired finish and offering tarnish and corrosion protection in the process. Bronze, as a “living” finish, creates a patina that becomes more beautiful with age.
With all standard and Estate™ Collection Hardware Finish options, create a custom window or door that effortlessly blends into your Connecticut home’s décor while providing the energy efficiency and protection required.
*See the Renewal by Andersen Limited Warranty for details.